I was admitted to the hospital on Wednesday, April 8th at 6:00 pm so that my doctor could give me a medicine that would soften my cervix in preparation for the inducement the next morning. (It takes 12 hours apparently for the medicine to fully work.) Ryan was right there by my side as we spent a very anxious night at the hospital. The next morning, Thursday, April 9th, Dr. Blair came in and at 7:15 am broke my water. Contractions started almost immediately and everything was going smoothly. I did all the breathing and relaxation techniques we learned in class. My parents arrived and my mom came to the room to help and support along the way. Soon the contractions became unbearable (and all the techniques went out the door) and after shhh-ing and snapping at my husband and mom, the nurse offered me the epideral. I accepted and soon Clay the anesthesiologist was my new best friend. I dilated about a centimeter every hour which to me seemed like great progress but in reality, for those waiting in the other room, it was about 10 hours. (I felt great though, napping and watching tv) Then came time to push. It felt like 10 minutes of horrible pain but later would realize it was nearly 2 hours of pushing (I guess time flies when you're having fun... haha). When Bryson finally made his appearance at 6:33 pm it was such a rush of emotions- Relief the labor was over and everything went well and excitement and pure joy that my son was here. He did have the umbilical cord wrapped around his neck but Dr. Blair was so quick and skilled that he got it off of him in a matter of seconds. Before I knew it, Bryson was right there in front of me on my belly. I won't even try to describe that moment to you because its beyond words. I will always treasure that moment for as long as I live. Soon after he was all cleaned up, measured, weighed, etc, Ryan and I spent some time with him and I nursed for the first time. Then everyone that had been waiting all day got to come in and hold him for the first time. Overall everything went smoothly and Bryson is a healthy baby boy. We were released on that Saturday and have enjoyed every moment since then with our new son. Thank you to everyone who has been there for us both physically and emotionally. Here are some pictures from that day:

This is when the contractions were manageable.
And this is when they were not. :)
First family photo :)
8 lbs 1 oz and 21 inches of cuteness

Dr. Blair, the wonderful man who delivered Bryson

Bryson truly transformed Ryan into a new man. I have fallen deeper in love with Ryan because of it. Its amazing what a child can do to you!

Bryson and YaYa

Bryson and Papo

Bryson and Nana and Pop

Bryson meeting everyone that waited in the waiting room all day just to see him

Bryson and Aunt Krista

Bryson and Aunt April

Bryson meeting Tristen through the window (they wouldn't allow anyone under 14 past these doors)

Bryson in the nursery getting all checked out

One of Ryan's best friends, A.J., had his little girl the day before. So cute!

All ready to go home!

All loaded up and ready for his first car ride! YAY Bryson is home finally!
3 comments:
Thanks for sharing Bryson's birthday story. Doesn't sound like fun......but that little boy sure does look worth it. We can't wait to meet him!!!
Congrats Tiff!!! he is a totally cutie, and worth all the pain!!!
He's beautiful!! Can't wait to see more pics!
Post a Comment