CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 3, 2011

2nd Trimester Complete!

I'm almost 30 weeks preggo now- this pregnancy has seemed to fly by! I'm sure running after Bryson has helped a lot. Although I think the reality that we will be a family of 4 in about 10 weeks or so is finally hitting me. WOW. Part of me wants Brayden to get here now and part of me wants him to take his time, I don't feel ready yet! Regardless, we are so excited to meet him!
Here are a few highlights from the 2nd trimester:

  • Lots of growing aches and pains and sleeping is getting a little uncomfortable already
  • Bladder is shrinking and shrinking :)
  • It's getting harder to bend
  • My convenient little tummy shelf is back!
  • My belly button already popped out! (My belly button never popped with Bryson)
  • Not too much heartburn this trimester. (It was awful with Bryson)
  • I am VERY hormonal. I have many mood swings and could probably cry if asked. Lets just say Ryan plays a lot more basketball these days for some reason. (I think this is why everyone thought it was a girl- much more dramatic this go round than with Bryson)
  • I have more of a sweet tooth as well with this pregnancy than with the last.
  • Lots of baby movements- That feeling never gets old! :)
  • With Bryson I had the linea nigra (dark line down my tummy) by now and it has yet to appear with Brayden.
  • I have gained a total of 26 lbs. which is about 4 more than I did with Bryson at this point. YIKES! I blame the holidays... our family makes too good of food/dessert to pass up. :)

Overall it was a great trimester and we are so blessed to have come this far with little Brayden wth no major issues. We have an ultrasound coming up in a couple weeks and we are so excited to see the little guy! Until then, you can all see pics of my growing belly or as I like to call it, my torpedo! (I tried to get all the pics to line up but was unsuccessful... sorry the mess)


4 MONTHS:

















5 MONTHS:




















6 MONTHS:






Here's an added bonus: This just happened to me today and I have to say though quite embarassing, I think it will be one of the most memorable moments of this pregnancy. I was at HEB and had a can of Lysol in my basket that busted and made a big puddle of clear liquid. As I'm trying to get a janitor to help me clean it up, a lady runs up to me in a panic and says, "OH MY GOD! Honey, lets get you out of here, don't worry about the mess, I'll take care of it! Let's get you to the hospital, your water just broke!" A small crowd gathers and people start to stare. I turn bright red and try to explain to everyone, its just lysol, I'm not going into labor! :)
*She was such a nice lady for wanting to help like that though!

0 comments: