CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Two Down... One to Go!

So I'm officially 27 weeks now which puts me at the 3rd trimester. I can't believe we are already here! I'm sure this trimester will drag on though, especially as I get bigger and bigger. Can't wait! As for the 2nd trimester... it was the best yet! :) Here are a few highlights of the last 3 months:


  • Rolaids are now more of a necessity than air for me

  • I've had very few headaches and no migraines. Its been amazing!

  • As I continue to grow, I continue to get more and more sore and uncomfortable, especially my back.

  • As everything else grows, my bladder continues to shrink.

  • Sleeping at night has become a talent that I'm getting better at with the use of more pillows. Poor Ryan can barely find me anymore with all the pillows I sleep with.

  • I can feel my muscles rip and tear as they expand. That sounds a lot worse than it is though.

  • I can no longer bend over to touch my toes. Its amazing how much I took that for granted.

  • I had my first ever nose bleed. It was pretty strange and has only happened once so far.

  • I have a new appreciation for nursing pads.

  • I'm beginning to get a useful little "tv tray/shelf" as my tummy grows.

  • I still have really bad acne but I think its slowly calming down... Can't wait for my hormones to get back to normal.
  • I'm starting to get what I call the "pregnancy zipper" but I think the official name is Linea Nigra. Its that faded line that some pregnant women get down the center of their tummy.

  • Still no cravings, although I have developed more of a sweet tooth than normal. (And the holidays did not help with that)

  • We had one minor scare that caused a 4 AM wake up call to the doc, but all is well with no worries now.
  • I have now gained a total of 22 lbs... and I still have 3 more months. The holidays were good to me and Bryson. But come April, I will be working my butt off (literally) trying to get that weight back down.

Some of the best moments of this trimester:

  • Getting my energy back, feeling healthier & happier than I ever have. I really would not have known I was pregnant this trimester had it not been for my growing belly.

  • Watching my husband already be so helpful and protective. He's been wonderful. And really everyone has been so nice and caring. I'm trying to enjoy all this attention as much as I can before it all goes towards Bryson and I become forgotten. :)
  • Realizing that "Aunt Flo" has not visited for 6 months now... amazing :)

  • Finding out that our little baby is a boy and seeing him on the ultrasound.

  • Feeling Bryson moving around in my belly (and seeing others be able to feel or see him too). I could watch my belly for hours just to see him wiggle around in there. He already makes me so happy!
Our next couple of appointments we should be doing more ultrasound stuff, so I should have more pics of him soon. He definitely feels like he's gotten bigger and stronger so I can't wait to see how much he's changed. For now, here are the pictures of how much I have changed.

4 Months (about 17 weeks):


5 Months (about 22 weeks):


6 Months (about 27 weeks):


4 comments:

Jami said...

I must say, you could be the cutest pregnant lady ever. I envy that you've only gained weight in the belly. You should have no trouble getting it off. We can't wait to see little Bryson. Good Luck with the last 3 months!

ClintandGina said...

Thanks for the second trimester re-cap. It let's me know what to expect, as I am two weeks in to second tri. You look great!

Jami said...

Jack and I will be there in April. When is your due date? Maybe we can meet Bryce when we come. You won't be tired or anything, you know, just a week or two after giving birth!

Unknown said...

OMG. You are the cutest preggo EVER!! I LOVE IT!!