Well its finally here. As of my last appointment, I am 2 cm dilated and 60% effaced and given the green light to go at any time. I gained a total of almost 40 pounds (yikes!) and I have discovered a couple of stretch marks already despite my lotion efforts. (Should be a wonderful swimsuit season for me! HA) My due date is next Monday and if he hasn't come by then, the doc wants to induce. We are so excited and amazed even after all this time that he could be arriving within a week or sooner!
Part of me still doesn't feel ready (there are parts of the house that haven't been cleaned, some work related things aren't completely resolved, and other minor details) but then there's the other part of me that is soooo ready. So ready to meet him, to start our family, and to get control of my body back :)
As a whole this pregnancy has been such a blessing and not as bad as I expected it to be. (Note that I am saying this before the actual birthing part lol) With every pain or complaint, there has been double the pleasure and amazment of what is actually occuring inside my belly. Sometimes I still can't believe that with the help of God, Ryan and I created a human being that will soon be here. I think I will truly miss this closeness I have with my son, feeling him grow and take shape and knowing that he is safe and secure in the womb and totally dependent on me. Although I know there are many joys yet to come, I can honestly say pregnancy has been one of the greatest blessings to happen to me so far.
I couldn't figure out how to get the slideshow to work in this post so if you want to see a slideshow of my growing belly up to this point take a look at the previous post. (Besides my blooming belly you can also see the progression of my tan fading away and my hair growing out)
Because I could go at anytime this will probably be my last post until after he arrives. Thank you to everyone who has been so supportive of Ryan and I throughout this pregnancy and we can't wait to share him with the world! Stay tuned for all the details... :)
Sunday, March 29, 2009
9 Month Journey
Posted by Tiffany and Ryan at 3:56 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
very cool. can't wait to see him!
Clint & I just returned from California and this is the first thing I checked to see if there was any news of Bryson. We are so excited for you guys........and can't wait to see the first pics fo your little guy!!!
You are about to experience a love like none other. Get ready, it is an amazing ride!
You'll never be 100% ready!!! Can't wait to see picture of your little one!!!
Post a Comment