CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Nursery

Here are pics of little Bryson's new room... all that's missing is the little guy himself!
Of course we went with a sports theme. When I was standing in line at the store buying the set, the lady behind me warned that she had the same set but now has planets and spaceships in her sons room... we just want him to be interested in something, so until we find what that is, its sports for now! :) Ryan made those amazing block letters- he's so talented. This picture really doesn't do them justice. You can see a bear peaking out of the crib that Ryan and I made for little B at Build-a-Bear while we were in Chicago almost 9 months ago. The cabinet on the left is stocked full of diapers and wipes ready to go. The picture hanging on the right is a collage I made Ryan for Valentines Day of all his basketball adventures throughout his life so his son can see and be proud of all his accomplishments. And there's lots of toys and books ready to be played and read... we can't wait!

There's a dartboard in that cabinet on the left that was part of Ryan's old office/game room before it became the nursery. We decided to keep it in there for now because he may like all the noises it makes and help entertain us while we are up at 3 am. But once he can climb on that couch and reach for the darts, I think it will no longer be in there. Thats the bouncy blue ball in the bottom left thats going to get me back in shape and also help calm Baby Bryson when he cries. (Rita used to do that with Tristen and it worked like a charm)


And here's the proof that he's already a spoiled child... or at least my husband is. He already has a flat screen in his room, but its just for his movies and music, no cable attached. But I'm pretty sure there will be an XBOX attached to it soon also. A girls gotta do whatever she can to help her husband participate in the late night feedings and diaper changes! Also on that dresser is a quilt/blanket that was made for Bryson by Ryan's cousin's wife, Jami. It is adorable and such a precious gift to have.


And above his room in an alcove there is a train that runs back and forth. Its one of Ryan's favorite things in the room. In fact I was helping him install it and we were running it back and forth for awhile, I told him okay it works, lets move on to something else. He told me, "No lets keep playing trains!" I laughed and said no I have other things I need to do which he followed with, "I can't wait till Bryson's here- He'll play trains with me better than you!" LOL I have a feeling I'm going to have my hands full with these two guys :)

I just think this picture is cute cause it has his little hat hanging on the rack waiting for him.
Everyone's first reaction to the room is always, "Where's the rocker?" Well, we don't exactly have any room for one... anywhere, so for now Ryan's office chair, the recliner in the living room and the bouncy ball are all going to have to work for us. But other than that I think we are ready to go!
We can't wait!!!









2 comments:

ClintandGina said...

I love how the nursery turned out. It looks great and is perfect for the son of Ryan. We can't wait for little Bryson to get here!!!

Jami said...

It looks great! Can't wait to see pictures of Bryson in it! How much longer?