In Wimberly we did a zipline adventure. It was so much fun and def a new way to see the hill country. We were there in the morning so the heat wasn't too bad either.
Getting ready to go up the trail- we look so spiffy in our gear :)
There goes Tiff
Pretty view- its even prettier as you zip through it all :)
Mission Concepcion: thats the name of the mission- not the goal for the weekend, too soon for that!
This mission was not built for people Ryan's size

Ryan walking around San Jose
Tiffany with the San Jose arches


You are looking at what could have been my most embarassing moment. This is the top of the aquaduct which is covered in lime green algae. I had a blonde moment and thought they covered the top in green turf, like at a mini golf course, so that people could walk across it. Luckily as I'm about to jump on to it, Ryan read the sign that said, "do not walk on aquaduct." We threw a rock into it just to make sure, because it did NOT look like water at all. That was some thick algae!
The last mission: Espada (It was nice but very small- I would just go see Concepcion and San Jose if I had to do it again)

We drove to each of the missions (they have a hike and bike trail but it was way too hot for that!) But along the way we saw this field with these hay art sculptures in it. It was so cute I made Ryan pull over so I could take a pic.

Then we finally checked into our hotel room at the Watermark- We had a nice stay here, I would recommend this hotel to anyone that wants a nice relaxing stay downtown S.A.

View of the riverwalk from our balcony

That night we ate on one of the river barges. We had Boudros (they make the best guacamole I have ever had!) and it was so nice getting a tour of the river.
The next day we saw the most famous mission of San Antonio: Remember the Alamo!
Since it was our first time away from Bryson, we were constantly reminded of him. This is mommy taking a picture with "Little Bear"- We thought Bryson would be impressed that Tiff got a hug from the cartoon he likes to watch :)
We took a break in Hemisfair Park and played on a playground there.

We toured all the historical stuff in the downtown area. I won't bore you with all the details but it was neat learning some of the history of S.A. This picture was us taking a break at the main plaza downtown.
At our last stop El Mercado (the market), we ate at Mi Tierra and were serenaded by this mariachi band. We did a little shopping (very little, cause Ryan hates to shop) and then headed back to the hotel.

We drove over to the Japanese Tea Gardens. It was very pretty but because of the extreme heat and drought, not all the plants were flourishing and the coy all stayed in a shady spot away from us.
We had a spa day in the afternoon at the amazing spa at our hotel. There was a sauna, steam room, relaxation rooms, and then we both got a swedish massage- we felt like jello afterwards, it was amazing!
Getting ready to go out for the evening
We ate at Charthouse at the Tower Of Americas. Its a rotating (makes a complete circle every hour) restaurant at the top of this building.
View from our table. When we got back home there was a jewelry box with our names engraved in it that Ryan got me. He is so sweet!
We had a very nice, romantic getaway for our 5th anniversary. But we were ready to get back home to our baby boy! We missed him so much!
I am so very blessed to have these two incredible guys in my life. My husband is amazing and I thank him & God everyday for giving me my beautiful son. I love them both so very much and can't wait to see what the future has in store for us!

1 comments:
Looks like a great trip!
Post a Comment