This is the Hard Rock Hotel where we stayed.
This was the view from our room... Chicago is so pretty and even has a river walk like S.A.
Millenium Park was a neat park to walk around... It had many artsy sculptures and other things to see and do. This is Ryan standing under the infamous "cloud" bean sculpture.
This fountain was so neat and also at Millenium Park. There were two of these that would spit water out at you as kids and people played underneath.

Our first taste of authentic Chicago style pizza. I forgot to take a picture of it but it was really good.
My wonderful husband surprised me with a journey diamond necklace for our anniversary... you can see it in this picture.
And of course, a Chicago style hot dog- YUM... minus the onions and tomatoes for us.

Sears Tower- Tallest building in the western hemisphere

On top of the world... at least the western half of it :)

The famous Chicago sign in the Theater District... although we didn't go to that theater, we did go to Second City and see one of their hilarious improv shows.

Can't go to Chicago without going to Wrigley Field :)
It was fun being Cubs fans for a day
After the game, we went to a nice dinner, but we were still sporting our sunburns from the game (and just on the right side of our bodies...haha)
This is the Hancock Building... we ate at the top at the Signature room. Sooo Romantic!

The view from our table... AMAZING

The staff there were so nice and they gave us free dessert to celebrate our anniversary and our little one on the way :)
I had to take Ryan to the statue and place where his sports hero played. Of course he wouldn't take this embarassing photo so I swallowed my pride and did it. First try too :) I think I look just like Jordan... NBA here I come!

You don't think of beaches when you think of Chicago, but they actually have some pretty nice ones all along Lake Michigan in Chicago.

The Navy Pier Ferris Wheel... The Navy Pier is a fun and popular tourist spot in Chicago

Our last night there we took a dinner cruise on Lake Michigan. There was food, music, and at the end, fireworks. It was so nice and a great way to end the trip.
Well, it's been four wonderful years since we became Mr. & Mrs., and I wouldn't trade a day of it. We've had our ups and downs, but through it all we have grown closer and closer as a couple. I can't wait to see what the future has in store for us. Especially now that we are taking a new step in our relationship- the step of parenthood.

0 comments:
Post a Comment